Topic: output to input routing Madi FX

I'm wondering if it is possible to route a submix output to an input (not software in) on the madi FX/totalmix? Or is it necessary to go out via madi and back in?
If that is the case is it possible to for example use one optical madi in to connect up to 32 channels of ADC then use the BNC madi to route 32 channels back to the inputs?
My goal as described in previous posts
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16109
and requested by numerous users or both PCI and firewire/usb units on the forum, is to be able to setup multiple user controlled submixes.
As I understand it it is still not possible using OSC or midi to select individual elements of a submix without first selecting the submix. This ends up with the potential for sluggish response.
I'm thinking to create sets of submix of multi mic, multi instrument setups, eg drums, acoustic guitars with 3 mics and then route each set of instruments back to the inputs and then to different hardware outputs puts for monitoring.
Can anyone tell me, is it possible to select which of the 64 channels per row in totalFX are controlled via midi or is it only the first 64? Can any madi in be routed to the second 32 of the 64? Can those 32 channels be stereo ins, so 2 audio ins per totalmix mixer channel?
If either of those are so it should be possible to create at least 4 separate mixes with 4 different stereo elements that are controllable with standard midi without having to select the submix first.

cheers  Greg