Topic: FF 800 doesn't remember flash state

Recently my FF800 shows phantom power on from 7 - 10 lit when I turn it on. No matter what the last state was/whether I flash it's state.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Re: FF 800 doesn't remember flash state

Ok, I explored the situation a little further and come to the temporary conclusion that it's a software problem.

I'll try to describe the problem again, little better:

1. everything's up and working as expected
2. I shut down windows, the Fireface keeps the settings as expected
3. on rebooting windows, as soon as the red host led turns off, a standard configuration is loaded (different from last settings)

I have de-/reinstalled the driver already, flashed the settings (reading flash works) but still: there's a FF settings preset loaded of which I believe it's the standard one (256 samples buffer, Inputs 1, 7 + 8 set to rear, Phantom power off etc.).

Where else could I look into to make it keep the settings?

Toggle the 'Lock Registry' setting in the Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, that does the trick to a certain extent. On reboot the FF settings are loaded which were active when I hit that 'Lock Registry' button.

Not the last state when quitting windows though - which was the usual behaviour since I use FFs (and that's for many years meanwhile). Still don't understand what causes the change on my system as I'm not at all conscious about any change I've done in this regard HeadScratch

I toggled 'lock registry' again and ran FUT although it was up to date anyway. Now it works as expected again! Thanks MC for the advise!