Topic: help choosing cpu and mobo with rme ufx

hey everyone, i could use some advice on choosing the cpu and mobo for new pc. i have everthing else figure out except these two guys.

U will be running windows 7 64 bit, cubase 7, and an rme ufx via usb.

ive narrowed it down to a few options :

Intel I7 3930K - socket 2011 6 core with a asus rampage IV

for a little less money i could get a Intel I7 3820K - socket 2011 with a asus P9x79

or there is two deals i found that offer cpu , mobo packages

an Intel I7 3770K with an P8z77vlk mobo, or the other package which is and intel I5 3570K (gen 3) which is basically an I7 with a sabertooth Z77 mobo.

Which one would you guys recommend? ill be running a mixture of hardware synths and vsts with the ufx and mixing inside cubase 7. i wont be doing any gaming or even have the web connected. its strictly for music production

thanks guys

Re: help choosing cpu and mobo with rme ufx

I would also like some advice on this issue. I am doing a full system upgrade (from 10yr old AMD processor & Echo Layla24) and am going to purchase a UFX and have been researching what CPU & mobo to get. The general system - Mobo & USB chipset - advice on the RME website
(http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_fir … uc_general)
is out of date in line with the latest chipsets available. The only general advice I have found on which of the newer chipsets to buy is from Daniel Fuchs on Gearslutz forum.
(http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co … ed-fw.html)

Originally Posted by Ivorydom:
The thing is that up to now we could know what to go for in terms of FW chipsets (e.g. TI), in terms of USB how can one user be sure that the UFX will work good on his system? Do we have to look for certain motherboards or USB chipsets?

Response:
The newer, the better, at least as far as the Intel ICH chips are concerned.

So assuming 'the newer, the better' more generally, should I be right using the UFX over USB 3.0 without know issue if I purchase:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
Mobo: H77-D3H-MVP

Thank you!