Topic: Fireface 800 MUCH slower than Babyface

Hi, I am a happy owner of HDSP9632, Fireface 800 and BabyFace.

1.I have MBP 17" version 8,3 Quad Core with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and with 8GB of RAM.
I often play concerts using MainStage or Logic and take piano and other virtual instruments from within computer and and use my RME Fireface 800 for this.

I have a big problem - I thought Fireface 800 as it was VERY expensive should be the best. I was using it many times and was so desperate that my computer is still too slow because I had to put latency to 12ms and even then I had problems with consuming CPU power over 100%, and had drops during concerts! I am fighting with this for MANY years until
I thought I had something the best, expensive but the best in the world, until  I bought Babyface.

Just accidentally once I did a test. I have connected BABYFACE and you know what? CPU consuming is about 50% less, and there is no way to overload the machine, NEVER.

I think it is a shame a bit, please RME help me here, I really need INs/OUTs of my interface but there is no way to use it! WHAT CAN I DO FOR FIREFACE 800 to work properly??? It is my complain here. I

2. BTW just another question, for new MBPros, what about NEW MBPros and Thunderbolt to Firewire. How fast does it work? Has anyone on the forum any experience here? I just want to buy a new Thunderbolt MBP...

Re: Fireface 800 MUCH slower than Babyface

Could someone compare Babyface and Fireface speed?

Re: Fireface 800 MUCH slower than Babyface

Whatever may be happening, this is not an issue of general device or interface "speed", the term does not apply. Please refer to my earlier email.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME