Topic: Latency problem with Fireface UCX

Guys, someone who has the Fireface UCX can tell me how he set the buffer size? I come from a M-Audio Fast Track C400 and with this I had the buffer size fixed to 128 samples without warning noises or squeaks (latency around 5ms, both outgoing and incoming); now with my new UCX I have to set the buffer to 256 samples (sample rate 44100 Hz) if I do not want to hear any noise (6ms latency), is that possible?! Ah, the DAW I use (and I used before) is Presonus Studio One Pro and I have not changed any settings on the PC. I really can not understand how it can result a worst value!

Re: Latency problem with Fireface UCX

Let me quote your post: a buffer size of 128 samples results in a total of 10 ms real delay for input to output. Well, maybe the setting is not what it claims to be? You double the buffer size (with RME) and get 6 ms instead of 5 ms - got it?

The other point is that the number of channels is much higher, causing a higher load to the system. Try the other interface (USB - FW), maybe it works better on your computer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by darthroy 2012-12-14 14:53:41)

I use the USB port and with the general buffer at 256, Studio One gives me these values: '6, 44 ms/284 samples '(input latency) and '6, 83 ms/301 samples' (output latency), this at 44.1 Khz. The strange thing is that with the Fast Track C400 I had the buffer at 128 samples without feeling any crunch with values ??slightly above 5 ms input/output (in each case under 6 ms); this is really strange, given that the PC has not changed (Intel i7 2600K 4,4Ghz with 8 Gb of ram ).

My DAW is Presonus Studio One Pro; is there any chance that this program can bring some kind of incompatibility with the UCX ?