Topic: New UCX not working properly

Ok, I just got it. The other day, I was recording ok with it. Then I tried the firewire driver. I couldn't get the firewire to work, so I gave up and used the USB.

Now, when I try to record an input using Sonar, I get a horrible sound that get's louder in a hurry.

When I just monitory using Total Mix, I have an ok input and output. I can use the FX. Everything works fine.

If I start Sonar and play back an existing project, it works ok. I can hear the output in the headphones on channels 7+8.

Now, I plug in my guitar to the UCX channel 3. I get signal in total mix that I can route out and hear it. In Sonar, I get no signal. I think the device is dead. I'm not sure.

Any comments?

Re: New UCX not working properly

Check all the audio settings in Sonar - Wave Profiler, I/O devices etc ets. This seems to be unrelated to the UCX. You changed the driver and thus changed Sonar's internal settings.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: New UCX not working properly

I have gotten the RME UCX working again. My fundamental issue was that I had clicked the loopback  button on a number of the hardware outputs as well as having routed track 3 to all hardware outputs. This caused the infinite loop and ‘bad noise’. Also, after the crescendo to infinity, the inputs seemed to block (perhaps to save me from myself?). Anyway, all seems better. Thanks for your patience!

MC, I really appreciate you responding, even just to say, go try some more. It gave me the encouragement I needed to keep at it until I got a handle on my mistake.