Topic: Strange Audio dropout problem with Babyface on Win7 x64

Hey guys, I just got my Babyface in the mail and I've been having some trouble with it on my desktop system. It works fine on my Macbook Air.
When happens is:
When I just turn on the computer, it's fine. I can start playing audio from any application - itunes, spotify, youtube, reaper, etc. and as long as I KEEP playing audio, it continues to work. totalmix shows signal going to the babyface, and the babyface led meters are lighting up.
If I stop for more than around 5 seconds, it doesn't come back. When i hit play again (in anything), totalmix is empty (but not crashed) and the faders on the babyface stay dark. Windows still sees the babyface as the default device, and windows volume control has the correct level meter. In order to get it to work, I have to unplug the babyface and plug it back in. A couple of times I had to restart the computer.

I noticed in the Fireface USB settings that when I first start playing, under buffer size, there are no errors, 0/0. After I stop then start again, I get no audio and errors go crazy. 500/0 etc, keeps going up.

Here are my system specs:
intel i5-2400
intel motherboard
8gb ram
evga gtx 560 ti video card
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Here are the troubleshooting steps I've tried:
Updated babyface firmware
uninstalled and reinstalled drivers
updated video card drivers
updated all motherboard drivers
Disabled USB Power Suspend

Nothing seems to be working. Again, this same situation works fine on my macbook.

Re: Strange Audio dropout problem with Babyface on Win7 x64

Use both USB ports for better power or an external power supply.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME