1 (edited by all 2012-12-17 17:16:44)

Topic: using software playback channel 9-16

hi mates,

let me suggest this routing "riddle" :

:-)

i try to record 16 ableton mono tracks via durec (while performing ableton). (i don't want to do it inside ableton for several reasons (cpu, ergonomy) and also i want to understand more of ufx-TMFX's logic, and obviously there is still a lot to understand/discover for me)

ok then, i route (in ableton) each track to EXT 1... to 16. ok.(in pref all outputs are enable, ie in green)

then in TMFX i intended to route each corresponding software playback channels to (pseudo) hardware outputs (thoses i can set as "record enable")

in software playback row in TMFX, i can see the ableton outputs "reflection", but only the 8 first of them. all the others soft playback ch. won't reflect ableton outputs !

=> i can't use ("see") the 9 to 16 (and more) software playback ch. whereas in the same time, i can use all (pseudo) hardware outputs (with 1 to 8 software playback).

(no adat here, no real wires of course)

why ?

there is something i did not understand properly...ed:

cheers...

ALL

ps : ufx for a year, 151/177 @ 1072macos

http://oi48.tinypic.com/34hdqmr.jpg

Re: using software playback channel 9-16

So if I understood this screenshot correctly you have a signal output in Ableton on channel 9 that does not show up in TM FX playback row channel 9, which simply means it is not sent to that output. Ableton has a setup page for the external outputs that needs to be adjusted?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by all 2012-12-17 18:00:18)

Re: using software playback channel 9-16

hi matthias,

yes ableton has it, and it seemed ok. (all outputs in green in ableton pref)

EXCEPT it was not working.

except, when rebooting, then it's ok. so file this case under "another absurd ableton glitch"...:roll

sorry to waste your time...

another little question, why are the soft playback not record enable ? i mean directly, without this "VIA hardware routing")

(anyway i saved my workspace and then it will be even more easier next time)

FIXED