Topic: Fireface 800 - Looking for something to control TotalMix's levels

Hello, finally regirested here. Long time FF800 user smile

I'm looking for some kind of controller that works with TotalMix. My main goal is to control TotalMix's levels. I've never had any mixing controllers, I've always done it in the box so I'm a bit lost about this. Tired of having to click on everything.

Any advice would be apreciated.

2 (edited by all 2012-12-23 12:09:00)

Re: Fireface 800 - Looking for something to control TotalMix's levels

hi,

via MIDI CONTROLLERS, i am controlling some parameters  (such as main, phone 1 & 2, inputs, dim, etc) with my trusty, low cost and so convenient (since it's fully editable) old berhinger BCR2000 => veeeeeeeeeery usefull... the TMFX is no "midi learn" (unfortunatelly) but the UFX/TMFX midi implementation chart is in the manual or online...

you just have to check that other programs / songs (such as ableton) won't use same cc... of course.

since it's fully editable i assigned TM's main control to all last row BCR knobs, very convenient to dim quicky, without even looking at the controller

the only little "problem" is that TMFX does not send feedback to the knobs as ableton does (and then if you touch the "main" with mouse, if you want to dim with the BCR knob there will be a "gap", you know, since the bcr does not see the -feedback- TMFX fader position). maybe i did not find the right way to...

ALL

ps : i have to test if in standalone, it's still work... dunno yet