Topic: Setting up REM FireFace UC with Sonar 8PE?

Hey guys,... first time poster here smile

Well I was hoping to not post something too newbi'ish but unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to sad

I Picked up a used FFUC about 6 months ago when I updated my old PC,... at that time I was running Win. XP and a Delta 1010 rig,.. which served me well for quite a few years,..  but after much research I ended up going with the FFUC unit.

my new system is a Win 7 (64bit) system with good processing and lots a ram and space.. and I was actually able to set it up to run my monitors as well (Warfedale Diamond Pro 8's)

Basically I'm wondering if someone here would be kind enough to tuck me under their wings and help me get the FFUC set up in Sonar 8PE and AA (These are what I've been using for quite a while and I'd like to stick with it since it's what I'm familiar with...??)

I just don't know what all of the settings should be and everything,... I'm sure it's pretty simple stuff but I'm just not that familiar with it. sad

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Re: Setting up REM FireFace UC with Sonar 8PE?

Just set Sonar 8 up for ASIO and choose an appropriate buffer size. Alternatively you can use WDM, but with Sonar 8 ASIO should work fine and from RME's point of view is the preferred method. I fear this is rather off-topic on this forum, though, as you are more asking for help with Sonar than help with the RME hardware. wink

Re: Setting up REM FireFace UC with Sonar 8PE?

Ok thanks!

I was able to manage to get things set up enough to record a track in Sonar,... now whether or not I have things set up optimally or not is another story sad

big_smile

Thanks
Rick