Topic: Delay with 3 multiface2?

Hello
I have on my pc under xp (sp3), 3 multiface2 synchronized by word clock, the master in internal synchronization and 2 slaves in word clock with t-bnc and termination on the third.
During a multitracks recording with nuendo and using the 3 cards, I have a latency during the recording and a gap of tracks in the reading. The tracks of the 2 slaves have no delay between them but not with those of the master.
I modified the size of buffers without result.
Do you have an idea on the origin of my problem?
Thank you.

Re: Delay with 3 multiface2?

Underpowered computer? Not using ASIO? Solid Sync on all three units shown in the Settings dialog? Bad weather outside? Some more details might be useful...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok,
motherboard asus maximus formula, intel core 2 quad processor, 4G ram, harddrive sata2 10000t/mn, asio hammerfall dsp.

hammerfall dsp setting v3.29:
Multiface (1) - clock source Internal - synccheck No Lock
Multiface (2) & (3) - clock source Word Clock - synccheck Word Clock Sync - time code Card 1

...and about the weather, snow and ice.

Have you tested other software (Reaper) or a setup with only 2 MF? Is the delay constant, does it depend on the latency setting?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

You could try to load your project and then from within Nuendo to reset the ASIO driver before you start recording. On some systems the ASIO reset at the start of Nuendo does not work as expected with a bigger setup like yours.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by dhyanmikael 2013-02-20 23:51:30)

Hello Raldje,

I (still) have an issue which sounds similar.

With 2 or 3 HDSPe Cards / Multiface II in one machine, after the machine starts up, the actual measured ASIO roundtrip latency of my system under Cubase is way higher than what it should be based on the buffer settings.

After I change the buffer settings in the rme settings dialog around a few times, everything is fine.

May be you want to try this.

Regards, Mikael

2 DAWs, each C 7/64, W7/64, Dell Prec. T5500 (2 x X5690), 2 x rme HDSPe / Multiface II / Octamic II

Hello Raldje,

Firmware 3.35 has solved this issue for me. May be it helps your issue as well?

Regards, Mikael

2 DAWs, each C 7/64, W7/64, Dell Prec. T5500 (2 x X5690), 2 x rme HDSPe / Multiface II / Octamic II