Topic: ADAT Babyface to summing box or similar

Hi,
I'm happy owner of a babyface i'm using it as USB right now because i'm mixing in the box. I saw that I can use until a total of 12 Adat outs from BF So Adat is not 8in and 8out each port only? If So what I want to do is to route the 8 or 12 Adat outs from BF to a another adat in like safire 2626 and then routing the analogue out from 2626 to a summing box, thinking in Blacklion PM8

Is it possible or correct using this way routing mode?

I appreciate any help

Thank you very much

Re: ADAT Babyface to summing box or similar

fabianuy wrote:

Hi,
I'm happy owner of a babyface i'm using it as USB right now because i'm mixing in the box. I saw that I can use until a total of 12 Adat outs from BF So Adat is not 8in and 8out each port only? If So what I want to do is to route the 8 or 12 Adat outs from BF to a another adat in like safire 2626 and then routing the analogue out from 2626 to a summing box, thinking in Blacklion PM8

Is it possible or correct using this way routing mode?

I appreciate any help

Thank you very much

ADAT is most definatly a max of 8 channels!  At 44.1 or 48K you get 8 channels, at 88.2 or 96K you get 4 channels.

You can route the ADAT out as you have described but I would question why? It's only 8 channels, not 24 or 48.

If you are wanting to have more analogue outputs you could use something like the RME ADI-8DS MKIII

Isaac P

Thanks Isaac
Yes that's what I thought about the 8 channel ADAT but I saw a video a guy saying a total of 12 channel, but I think he was referring the total of outs with all the channels. 8 channels are fine for me now. I just going to try to get a profire or a Aphex 141 to make routing the adat to have analog outs for the summing box

Also it is running at 44.1khz and It does not show the adat 1/2 in total mix, in channel layout it shows AN 1/2, PH3/4, AS1/2, ADAT3/4, ADAT5/6, ADAT7/8
How to get the ADAT1/2??

Thanks!

A/S 1/2 is the one...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you very much!