1 (edited by MatthewMontreal 2013-02-08 05:41:21)

Topic: Babyface Totalmix feature suggestion

Hi folks,

I have "Do not load Main volume/balance" checked in Totalmix 0.989. If I call up a Snapshot, then change only the main volume, the snapshot button starts flashing. This seems odd considering that it won't be loaded with the Snapshot.

Perhaps more logical for it to not flash in that situation, since it's not going to be loaded anyway? I'm constantly changing the volume but rarely any other aspect of a snapshot so the current situation creates the illusion that I've changed something that should be saved when in reality I haven't.

Just throwing that out there.

Keep up the good work, guys!
Matthew

Babyface, Macbook Pro 2015, OSX 10.14.6

Re: Babyface Totalmix feature suggestion

What has 'load' to do with 'save'? Think again... cool

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by MatthewMontreal 2013-02-08 05:43:13)

I'm not quite sure I follow, though I've edited my post to hopefully be more precise.

My request stands, though.

Babyface, Macbook Pro 2015, OSX 10.14.6

The flashing is a simple indicator that the current state is no longer the same as when you loaded the Snapshot.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I understand Matthew's point.  The  flashing is beneficial to know if something is different from your preset's' saved state. If the main volume is set up to *not* be part of the saved state, it would be more useful to not have a main volume change result in flashing. 

I don't think this is a big deal, but in a perfect world I think Matthew's version would be preferable, and more logical.