Topic: Help please - problems with MADI FX snapshots / workspace saving

Hi,

I am running a MADI FX (latest firmware, drivers etc) on an 8 core i7 based windows 7 64 bit machine via PCIe
attached
2 x ADI 8QS
1 x UFX
1 x M32 DA
1 x Micstasy

so the mixes i run are quite complex and losing them after saving is driving me nuts!

I cannot make the snapshot (SS), workspace (WS)or the workspace quick select functions work properly.
I save a snapshot / workspace and when I try and reload them or restart the machine, the layout and levels are not as I saved them.
when i reload a saved snapshot / workspace, they are not arranged as I saved them. In fact there are levels and mixes I have never ever set up - so complex that I get the error message at the top saying 'maximum node count exceeded'. I have never seen this when I have building mixes.
the names of SS and Layout on the menus at the side are lost - as are the mixes stored under those names.

Although total mix allows me to save SS / WS by overwriting, when I open the file again, it is not the layout i saved

When my PC goes to sleep, on waking 3 errors occur on different channels
L phase is permanently switched over on the AES input - and cannot be switched off
Mute comes on and cannot be switched off on hardware output 80
channel pair in hardware output cannot be switched to mono - it is fixed on stereo.

Please help - i'm wasting a lot if time rewriting mixes
thanks

Re: Help please - problems with MADI FX snapshots / workspace saving

No such error known. Still it might be that you are not on latest drivers and firmware. Please give the detailed version info.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks Matthias,

well, it's become quite a well known error to me!

total mix 0.989
MADI FX firmware 1.07
hardware revision /firmware 84

seems like these are still the latest on the website

problems with odd irreversible channel settings after sleep have been with me for a while - always the same faults on the same channels
phase L on AES input, mute hardware output 86, fixed stereo channels 59/60
all reset on reboot

windows 7, 64, latest updates, core i7 8 core 3770K, 16 Gb ram, nvidia GTX 660 Ti video, 2 x UAD-2 quad PCI cards

any help appreciated

Driver 1.07 includesTotalMix FX 0.988. Did you add 0.989 manually? Maybe something went wrong with that (copied into wrong folder on a 64 bit system I could imagine such effects).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks Matthias,

I didn't deliberately add 0.989 separately to my knowledge - but as I have a UFX as well, would the latest update to that have changed the total mix version?

If i reinstall 1.07 on the MADI FX, will that revert to 0.988?
do i need to completely uninstall, or just reinstall?
what will the UFX do with 0.988?

thanks again

tomlillie wrote:

as I have a UFX as well, would the latest update to that have changed the total mix version?

Yes, and it is ok in that case.

tomlillie wrote:

If i reinstall 1.07 on the MADI FX, will that revert to 0.988? do i need to completely uninstall, or just reinstall? what will the UFX do with 0.988?

There are no known issues with any of this. Are you using the UFX at the same time? Could you please check:

- MADI FX has latest firmware update 84/18 (not 84/16) from end of January

- The error happens even when the computer is booted, run and exit without the UFX ever connected?

Somewhere here must be the reason for that problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

Just checked the firmware using the updater - and it was 84/16 not 84/18.
So I have updated and it looks like most of the problems are gone.
waking from sleep - all channels are now fine

i re-saved a few snapshots and workspaces - and when reopened, I am still getting 'node count exceeded' errors
only the first snapshot in the list seems to load properly.
and quick workspace recalls still seem to bring back node count errors, even having resaved the workspaces
i'll try some clean saves (not overwrites) and see if

the UFX is not currently connected at all

thanks so much for the help - this has been a good step forwards.

It might be that the current Snapshots and Workspaces are corrupted. Resaving them will not remove the invalid information. So to test that it works now you might have to rebuild the files from scratch, starting (important!) with a Total Reset of the mixer.

You can also send us the files to examine them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks once again Matthias,

so I performed a total mix reset
And then a couple of hours with a total mix rebuild
truly a total mix experience :-)

but it is now fixed and normal RME flawless operation is resumed.
Cheers

Glad to hear it works now. BTW, the number of currently used nodes can be checked under Help, Device Info, so you can check that it really is working correctly now. Also you mentioned Workspace Quick Select: these files are found in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX\ and are named preset1.tmws up to preset30.tmws. If these are corrupted you need to delete them manually.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME