1 (edited by pschelbert 2013-02-20 11:42:59)

Topic: Fireface UFX: sample-rate change issue 44.1-192kHz

Hi

I experience an issue when playing files with different sample rates, i.e. 44.1, 48, 88, 96,176,192kHz.

Setup:
Fireface UFX on USB (latest FW and drivers as of 19.2.2013), using always ASIO drivers
Win7 64bit
VST Host Plogue-Bidule
or
JRiver with Plogue-Bidule as VST

1) I can set in Plogue Bidule (VST-Host) a sample-rate. Playing say a 44.1kHz file works. Then I want to change the sample-rate in Plogue (manually). Plogue sets somehow the new samplerate (in Totalmix I see the new sample-rate set correctly) but Plogue-Bidule hangs.
Restarting Plogue-Bidule, it works then.

2) JRiver: I let JRiver read the files. I then send it via ASIO to Fireface UFX. Now, if I let the sample-rate be the adjusted by JRiver to the same as the input file, JRiver hangs, I see as well that the sample-rate change was sent to Fireface UFX and set correctly. Restarting JRiver it works agian with the new sample-rate.

3) Using JRiver and inside JRiver Plogue-Bidule VST as VST host. same as in 2)

Somewhere there is a problem in changing the sample-rates.
Could be:
a) Win7 64bit
b) JRiver (although same happens in Plogue-Bidule)
c) Plogue-Bidule (however JRiver has the same)
d) ASIO drivers: RME Fireface or Win7 issue

Note: If I use JRiver with or without Plogue-Bidule VST, and I play the files with different sample-rate, that works if I resample in JRiver to one single fixed output samplerate (whatever rate, for example output always 96kHz).
However resampling has its own issues..and is not so nice..

Does somebody know where to look, what could be the issue?

Peter