Topic: babyface mic pres out of order since class compliant restart

Settin up my gear for a studiosession: to find out both pre amps do not work with mcis anymore (1 dynamic one condensor)  putting  instruments on xlr inputs  through does work.

This seemed to have happend after doing the  class compliant restart, since before the mic pres still worked as a mic pre

Re: babyface mic pres out of order since class compliant restart

Please be more specific. What exactly does not work? Have you checked the gain setting?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It should be clear even to a non-technician that you are using the exact same signal path. So saying instrument via XLR in works, and in the same input dynamic mic does not, is simply impossible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

. i put my synth into the two xlr s and it works (also the gain) AS soon as i put in a mic in one of the two pre's no sound, crank the gain up just noise, a click if i insert or remove the cable

Are you sure your microphones are working...?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yeah of course why would i post a topic if the mics where broken. .tested it on my motu, same + other cables n all..

semi-pro here btw!

AS MC pointed out, this does not make sense, since it is the exact same signal path.... What other signal sources can you test?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

..well i could run my whole arsenal of synths through it.. but the result is the same

Untill now i did 3 mics with 2 cables/// on both pre-ampsalso  i put my TC d1 inbetween (has a mic pre of its own) and then the mic signal gets through.. i remember puttin he gain from 57 top 60 db give a click?!

The only thing I could think of is a missing contact. Your line sources are unbalanced, the mics balanced. If one of both pins 2/3 is not connected to the BF the mics will be without sound. The interrruption can be anywhere, maybe the breakout cable, but definitely not in the Class Compliant firmware...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by shabby 2013-02-22 13:49:56)

..mm that im gonna check: the mics and mic cable are ok since they work on other mic-preamps
So either: the breakout cable ....or the pins on the outside of the babyface. What is the pin coding for the xlr signal?

over the weekend.. its gig time!

..so it seems u cannot take the BF-BOXLRMKH apart without destroying it. so i would really need the pin out to check before tearing the breakout cable .
regards

i mean from the back of the interface.!

You don't need any pinout (which is in the manual...). Just touch the contacts within the female XLR plug with a small screwdriver and check if the noise is seen in TotalMix identical on pins 2 and 3..

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

read gives a fairly loud signal. white and ground a small but noticable one (10 vs 3/4 leds)

HeadScratch
Don't understand...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

..so ...just ran out of luck thought i just connect the extension cable between the interface and BF-BOXLRMKH

: and guess... one of the two channels works (with interruptions) with a mic connected .. so

if u can give me the pinout from the interface side, so i can test and decide if its the BF-BOXLRMKH  breakout cable that is broken.
regards

The one that is in the manual?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

haha.. sorry that is the last thing i expect from a company to put in a manual.
tnx! i let u know asap if its good or bad

..so the break out cable seems to be broken for mic only...
HeadScratch great to have a product from a company that is  active on the forum!!