Topic: How to get SPDIF output from the HDSPe AIO souncard

Hi,

I recently bought a HDSPe AIO soundcard for some testing purpose.

I would like to get a 192KHz SPDIF output from the soundcard.

In order to check the functionality of the soundcard, i am giving a digital output through a DVD player to the SPDIF input of the soundcard, using Digital Adaptor cable.

I am able to receive the analog output of it, through the Analog Adaptor Cable, but i do not get an SPDIF output.

I do have a SPDIF receiver, which receives the digital data and converts it back into analog outputs. So the working of this setup has been confirmed, when i directly route the DVD player digital output to SPDIF receiver, as i am able to get an analog output with this setup.

So i have two queires as listed below:
1. How to get SPDIF output signal through soundcard?
2. Does the sampling frequency of the SPDIF output will depend on the source DVD sampling rate or i can make the changes in he HDSP settings to output the signal at any desired sampling rate?

Kindly let me know the above details.

Thanks,
Harshit

Re: How to get SPDIF output from the HDSPe AIO souncard

The setup does not seem to make much sense to me... I would doubt that your DVD player is actually providing 192k at the SPDIF output. You can check in the HDSP settings dialog.
I would suggest to choose (or create) a 192 k audio file and play it back in ASIO software, e.g. Reaper, choosing the SPDIF output to test this.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: How to get SPDIF output from the HDSPe AIO souncard

Hi,

In the HDSP setting dialog box i see that the SPDIF input gets locked to 48KHz. Currently i am only focusing on getting some sample rate SPDIF output. The DVD player is inputting a 48KHz Data input, so how to achieve this as an output from Soundcard?

Also does this ASIO software, Reaper comes along with the Soundcard? Or do i have to install it seperately?

I am a newbie in using the Soundcard, so help regarding this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Harshit