Topic: ADAT to fix ground loop ?

Hi folks,

Been trying to track down the source for the high frequency interference in the analog signals from my AIO and not had much luck. A fault with the motherboard most likely is my last diagnosis. Tried bios settings for power, new GFX card, new power supply, audio isolation via ART DTI box and still this persistent background noise that reflects computer activity.

So do I rebuild around a new motherboard or... buy an ADAT capable rack of preamps / outs and live in ground isolated harmony ?

This the first ground loop problem I've encountered so far so I'm kind of at my wits end, especially seeing as many years of tinnitus as a kid has made my nerves tune to any high frequency semi-pitched noises. Wierdly I can deal with hum + hiss (years of 4 tracking I guess HeadScratch).

I've not a lot of cash at the moment so the AIO was a big purchase for me last year. Just wanna get to makin music without listening to my computers inner most thoughts. Any wise words much appreciated before I waste more money trying to record in peace.

Cheers!

Re: ADAT to fix ground loop ?

If you connect  headphones to the AIO and NOTHING else, do you hear the noise in the phones? If no noise, then there is hope. Some modified audio cables might save the day. So let us know and also exactly what is connected to the AIO and what type of cables.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632