Topic: Fireface 800 No Identified With The New Imac 27" I7 !!

Hi , i change my old IMac 27" i7 ( year 2010 ) with the software "Snow Leopard" by the new iMac 27" i7 ( year 2013 ) with the software "Montain Lion".
My fireface 800 worked perfectly with my old iMac !
I use the adaptor thunderbolt-firewire because there is no firewire out on the new iMac ! The RME is already to the last firmware 2.77 like explain on your download page !
I download the last driver software version 3.14 and  install it normally but i don't see my RME , it is not identified !!
After reboot the machine , i have tried to flash with the last flashing tool and it indicated : "No Fireface Driver or Device installed." !!! But normally it's not necessary because i have the last good firmware !!

What's append ?
Can you help me

Thank you very much !!
richard

Re: Fireface 800 No Identified With The New Imac 27" I7 !!

Are you using the same FW cable and FW port on the Fireface? Have you checked the adaptor with a different FW device?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes , i 've used the same cable and the same port ! I don't have another FW device for to check ! The adapter is identified in the Imac when i check in the thunderbolt material !

Hi there, loking foreward to read the solution. I also want to buy a new iMac without firewire and want to use the Apple Thunderbolt FireWire Adaptor to my Fireface 800. Is the adaptor only for FW800? Is it working proberly and fast? Thanks. cool

Yes, it works fine. It has a FW800 port, but you can alternately connect to a FW400 device with the proper cable.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, Jeff.
But what about a new iMac 27" from 2013 with Montain Lion installed like ric109 write about?
BR. Karsten, DK.

I don't personally have the same computer, but there is no known issue.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for your help, Mr. Petersen (Danish name?).

Imac 27 i7 here. No problem with FF800 conected in FW800 port and/or Thunderbolt FW800 adapter. MacOs 10.7.5

Thanks. :-)

I`ve re-readed your first post and I need to clarify that my Imac 27 I7 (3,4GHz) is model 12.2. Not the latest one.
smile