Topic: Babyface questions

Hello there,

Just got this babyface.  Mostly problem free but I do have a few issues I don't understand how to setup:

1) ADAT Inputs/Outputs are not aligned in Core Audio.  i.e. Input 3 in core audio is ADAT 1 but Output 5 is ADAT 1.  With this difference I cannot easily setup insert in pro tools using an 8 channel converter.  Is there any remedy to this? (to align all ADAT inputs to the same number as outputs?)

2) PH 3/4 has no dedicated fader?  So I'm not quite understanding this.  The headphone output on the babyface itself is coupled to Analog 1/2 output?  Where can I control the headphone volume apart from using the jogwheel?  And the headphone output on the breakout cable is 3/4 but it has no dedicated fader control?  Does the jogwheel control both?

Thanks

Jantzen

Re: Babyface questions

1) No way to change this. The unit has 2 analog in + 8 digital in, and 4 analog out (main / phones) + 8 digital out.

2) Not 100% certain what you missed here. There is a dedicated fader, check your Assign button in the bottom right. Main Out should be assigned AN 1/2, and Phones 1 should be PH 3/4. Then you can switch between input gain, output level and phones level with the jog wheel.

The phones out on the side and on the breakout cable are fed from the same DA channels (PH 3/4), but separate from the AN 1/2 outputs.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Babyface questions

1) Any chance this could be remedied as an option to change the order in which the outputs are laid out in the future version of drivers?  Slim chance I know.

Thanks

Jyc