Topic: HDSP 9632 clicking on Windows 8

Hi,

I've been using an HDSP 9632 on Windows XP for a few years with no trouble. I recently switched to Windows 8. While I have no problem with audio applications like Cubase, Kontakt or Sibelius, the playback of simple audio files (e.g. youtube videos) is constantly clicking. The HDSP is set as default audio device (I think it is not a recommanded setting but it always worked on XP). I've checked the configuration options of both Windows and the HDSP again and again, but I can't get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestion,

Stéphane

Re: HDSP 9632 clicking on Windows 8

Correction : clicking appears also -- but randomly -- in Reason...

Set the Power Plan to "High Performance".

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … -questions

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for your answer. I've already tried that, with no success. Any other ideas ?

Ok, some additional information may be useful :

- The hardware is decent (Quad core 2.4GHz, Asus P5K Pro MB, 4Go RAM)
- The driver is up-to-date (3.3.2.0)
- I've done the flash update and installed the latest version of Digicheck
- I've tried different buffer sizes
- The OS sounds are deactivated

It's also worth mentionning that the card never made a single click with the same configuration on XP, even with numerous Vsti and audio tracks.

Well, after a Windows update this morning, my problem is almost solved. There're still some random crackles, but they're quite rare and seem to be related to the network (wifi) activity. As far as I have tested it, disconnecting from the network suppresses all undesirable noises. Of course you have to deal with it during online audio playback, but clicks are not so frequent and even seem to be less frequent when network activity is reduced (i.e. by closing unnecessary apps/services).