Topic: OSX FFUC Hardware Level Calculation Not Working?

I'm running OSX.8.2 with Fireface UC. I can't get any Digicheck meter to work at all via hardware calculation at all. Core Audio calculation is working fine.

Is this correct for my interface or should I be getting level meters (only) in hardware?

Kind regards

Re: OSX FFUC Hardware Level Calculation Not Working?

Latest driver with latest DIGICheck?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Latest versions Matthias,

Firmware 117
Driver 1.78
Digicheck 0.663

PN

OK, I have more info now. You probably realised that I had Totalmix FX running at the same time and this is why hardware level calculation was not working in Digicheck (DC). But according to the DC help notes I can hide the TMFX window and then hardware level will work in DC.

This is not true for my system. The only way to get DC to do hardware level is to quit TMFX completely. But then I loose MIDI & OSC control of my system - which is very important to me.

Is there a workaround for this? Do I have a fault or is this correct behaviour?

Kind regards

Please check again. It works here when you close the TotalMix Window. It should not be necessary to exit TotalMix completely.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Just checked again and it's no different. I have DC meters in hardware mode working, I launch TMFX and they stop. I close the TMFX window (but don't quit) and still no DC hardware meters. I quit TMFX and DC hardware meters work again instantly.

Kind regards