Topic: Pro Tools and Babyface Adat expansion channels not talking.

Hi there. This is probably a no brainer  -but having been used to ADAT channels just appearing in Pro tools with my 003 - I cant seem to track them in Pro Tools 10 with my new Babyface. The Babyface channels 1 and 2 are fine. I wanted to try adding 2 channels of Adat so I opened a 96k session, I attached my Digimax FS via optical into the BF. Both total mix and the BF were getting the signal from channel 3 and 4 - but I couldnt seem to configure Totalmix or the PT i/o to get adat channels 3 and 4 up in the PT mixer. Ive read here that the numbers dont line up in Core Audio. But Core Audio only had 2 channels working too - until I changed the session to 48k....I was under the impression that I could record 4 channels at 96.

Sorry for the dumbness! Anyone been through the routine of setting this up?

Re: Pro Tools and Babyface Adat expansion channels not talking.

ok - got there ...Totalmix isnt the culprit thats for sure. Its all automated but you get no indication of source in the mixer like I used to in PT8 and the 003. 4 channels at 96k simply called inputs 1-4 - 1-2 being BF - 3-4 channels 1 and 2 of the Presonus.
Now Im going to hook up the Mico .....

I am having the same problem using optical lightpipe from Berhinger ADA8000(slaved) into Babyface(set to internal)
I setup the I/O Labels of Pro Tools(10) appropriately and have cannot get Pro Tools to record external synths.

Totalmix doesn't seem to be the culprit, as If I play the keys I can hear the performance. No meters move in Pro Tools however even after assigning the I/O labels and Assigning Input on Track.

loaded in PT a standard mp3 and playback was normal.

fixed it:

all I had to do was go into the I/O Labels of Pro Tools, and hit default on IN and OUT labels; it discovered all connections easily and I could begin recording..