Topic: Midi clock sync for UFX's Echo

Hello,

I use UFX's FX Bus for my analog synths and it is great for the purpose. However it's quite painful to calculate delay time to match tempo, so if there would be option to use midi clock sync that would make my life much easier. There is already quite comprehensive midi support, so I guess this shouldn't be very difficult to do.

BR

Re: Midi clock sync for UFX's Echo

+1 for this one.

I believe this would require a setting inside UFX for selecting the midi clock source. Would definately be cool in standalone too, but how about syncing to daw? Would this require a new virtual port in TMFX, or could the clock be picked up directly from UFX midi out, as I'm already sending midi clock to other gear.. ? Just wondering.. HeadScratch

Very exited to see the UFX/UCX being developed even further. I'm actually going buy another UFX when I can afford one. (And if the new midi functions are added.) Don't really like having to constantly unscrew and screw my only UFX back to my rack, for I want to use it in every situation. hmm

One more (unrelated) question: Would it be possible to replace the usb-port of UFX myself, or maybe have someone in Finland do it for me? Any RME repair here? Sending the unit to Germany (thomann) and back would take a few weeks, and I need my unit pretty much every day.

I had a usb cable stuck in my UFX, and when I pulled it out, the pin on the other side with some of the metal around it came off. The USB connection works fine, the cable is just very loose and might get disconnected easily. (I'm using FW connection so I'm fine for now, but I would still like to get it fixed one day)

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

UFX can handle CCs already for MIDI remote control so I think there is already everything what is needed in SW and HW level. So for example if UFX would listen standard MIDI clock ticks from HW midi IN and/or from its driver from PC/MAC it should be doable without any additional midi daemons or virtual/loopback drivers and of course, the note lenght should be selectable in TM.

I'm from Finland as well and I think that Studiotec is only disti in here. I guess they can help you with the USB issue.

rrauanmaa wrote:

UFX can handle CCs already for MIDI remote control so I think there is already everything what is needed in SW and HW level.

Hopefully so. Would be cool to have this..

rrauanmaa wrote:

I'm from Finland as well and I think that Studiotec is only disti in here. I guess they can help you with the USB issue.

Thanks for the tip! I'll ask them about it later.

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic