Topic: Balanced out to unbalanced RCA

Hi,

I am using my ff800 for many years with powered amps XLR outputs.

I am now trying to send my ouput from balanced out on backside to unbalanced RCA. Iam using a TS (not trs) cable to rca and output is very noisy. Am i using the wrong cable? Should i use the trs to rca?

Sorry for my ignorance here.

J

Re: Balanced out to unbalanced RCA

What kind of noise exactly are you expereiencing?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Overall noisy in low end, and lack of high. Maybe just a bad cable? It is not a bit. It is very very noisy so something really wrong. It is not the ff. as dscussed works fine with xlr. I am sending to amp which is also noise free (close) on other inputs.

So I assume that in principle this should work. Maybe should try another cable. Might it be related to level out (+4dB),. should I use -10 dB. Another way i could try top use 1/4 inch jack to RCA plugs and then use a complete RCA cable. Is that a better technique?

J

Groundloop?

-----------------------

Various ADK computers :-)

That put me probably on right track. I did get some minor shocks as well. Now i need to find a solution.

If you google "groundloop",you prolly get about a zillion items.

I really don't know if there's such a thing as a RCA DI box?.

-----------------------

Various ADK computers :-)

http://www.jensen-transformers.com/data … sr_man.pdf

Maybe something like this? Seems that balanced to unbalanced is a common problem indeed.

And apparently going from pro to consumer audio ( rega amp) i need to lower the output signal. I now use -10 dB setting, and lower playback channel by 15 dB and output by another 9 dB. Then i increase volume at amp and sinal is 90% better. So i was probably overdriving the amp.

Is it nit really the intention to do thia at all. I am the only one wanting this kind of links?

It should work with just the -10db setting, that is consumer level.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632