1 (edited by cliffhanger 2013-04-01 19:50:46)

Topic: MachFive 3 bad performance (RME HDSPe AIO)

Hi,

I've got a problem with extremely bad performance with this vst instrument and my RME HDSPe AIO soundcard. I'm using Kontakt 5 without any problems, tried internal ableton instruments - everything fine, Omnisphere - perfect performance too. I've got glitches and crackles with about 28% of cpu usage read from cpu meter in ableton and MachFive (shows exactly the same values). But this not happening with my second card - Lexicon I-Onyx U22. With lexicon I can use 49 samples buffer and made a whole track with this instrument. Not happening with RME HDSPe AIO - I can't use just one instrument with 64 samples buffer properly. I don't know what's bad, but it crackles with just draging MachFive window, when playing some notes. Checked IRQ of soundcard, which is alone at number 17 - no conflicts.

I contacted MOTU tech support and they told me that this software should work with any soundcard same way and they told me, that there's problem with drivers or soundcard itself - but it's working perfect with any other software - just this one making problems.

So I'm asking you RME: Can it be really problem with drivers? , because I don't think so...