Topic: New driver, new interesting features!!

Hello.
i have an hdsp aio and i have update the driver to the newest version :

when i click ctrl+click on the bottom of the output channel , the channel become red and i can record from the analog in without a loopback cable ,

but i want know the signal flow : the recorded audio is passed from the converter stage and its saturation or is totally digital?

Re: New driver, new interesting features!!

This feature is not new at all....
And the loopback is digital, it works for all channels.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ehy thank you ,

i ve  record an hot signal clipping in the main analog out back to my daw, so the clipping that i have recorded is digitally clipped signal? tha audio is not passed by the DA converter?

You got it - It's a digital loopback smile

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

i m very happy with my rme soundcards, updated drivers and fast reply , thank you again ...

i like the sound  clipped of my drum transient digitally loopbacked in my daw ,i ll use my cards as secret processor smile

Clip it, re-record it via loopback, and then attenuate it for further processing.  Perfect :-)  I generally use the GVST Gclip clipper plug-in for such "clipping" tasks in the DAW, but I might try clipping via loopback too!

2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX

do you think that if i clip it with the analog converter and a loopback cable "old manner" the sound will be better? tomorrow i ll try it

That's highly subjective - You'll have to try it and let your ears and brain make that call smile  I'd assume a digital loopback being clipped and re-recorded  isn't much different from using a plug-in to do it (like Gclip) - but adding AD/DA converters in the mix opens up a lot more variables and possibilities...

Post back with your findings - I'm curious what your ears tell you :-)

cool

2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX

This new driver is excellent..hats off!!