Topic: Main Out B through ADAT

I have a problem configurating speaker B through ADAT (1/2 or 3/4) in TotalmixFX. I'm using a UFX.

What does work:
- When I assign phones 2 to adat out 1/2 (or 3/4), the signal gets send out the ADAT port.
- When I assign Main Out B to analog 9/10, the signal gets send out the headphone.

What doesn't work:
- When I assign phones 2 to adat 1/2 (or 3/4) AND assign the Main Out B to adat 1/2 (or 3/4), nothing is sendout.

I love the idea of the speaker B button and would like to use this at recording sessions. Clicking the button when going into recording mode mutes the speakers and activates the booth headphone at the same time...

Is it impossible to combine these two assignments?

2 (edited by neirbod 2013-04-17 20:30:29)

Re: Main Out B through ADAT

Why don't you just assign "speaker B" to ADAT 1/2?  You don't need to assign "Phones 2" to anything, if I understand you correctly.  Each pair of outs can be assigned to only one of the control room outs (e.g., Main, Phone 2), but I don't see why that is a problem in your case.

3 (edited by syah 2013-04-18 00:15:59)

Neirbod, you are right. It should be as simple as that. But the point is, it does not work.

If I unassign everything from adat1/2, I get signal in the adat out. But as soon as I assign Main out B to adat 1/2, the adat signal is gone.

I guess this could be a bug in the totalmixFX software.

I'm using the latest driver & firmware.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

syah wrote:

Neirbod, you are right. It should be as simple as that. But the point is, it does not work.

If I unassign everything from adat1/2, I get signal in the adat out. But as soon as I assign Main out B to adat 1/2, the adat signal is gone.

I guess this could be a bug in the totalmixFX software.

I'm using the latest driver & firmware.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

Are you clicking the "speaker B" button?  It acts as a toggle so that at any time only speaker A (same as Mains) or speaker B is active, but not both. If the button is not clicked you will not see any signal in ADAT 1/2 in your example.

> - When I assign phones 2 to adat 1/2 (or 3/4) AND assign the Main Out B to adat 1/2 (or 3/4)

That is not possible. You overlooked that your choice was not taken and the default (None) had been set again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the reactions. I got it working now. During my last test, the adat cable was not connected anymore. It must have slipped out when I changed some other cables. I have to change some of my adat cables, because they do not 'click' tight.

The assignment to both phones2 and main out B did not make sense indeed. The linked slider for 'main' and 'main b' is a nice bonus.