Topic: Linux Unix is the future

Hi I have started to think that I will be one who will buy a card to find out. I can allways run the thing in windows as I build forward. In the end after I started useing Harrison Mix Buss With metric halo and RME.All things have changed for the better.I will sell or trade any gear or software that is not linux going forward. Prisim has a interface  out with full support Harrison has allways had full support. I need real pro software and hardware( and that aint windows )or OSX. I mean how many times a year can my DAW get hacked before I smut some ones project or mutch worse. For the life of me how does any one have security for a customer with Windows at all. NO it is just plain simple untill I go full linux Im just a mut.   LOL     This is my heart felt truth   Keith P miller  ( Thank you RME for being a leader in so many ways)[right][/right]

Re: Linux Unix is the future

Please post this kind of 'discussion' threads over at Gearslutz or any other matching forum. Thanks.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

WHY, Mr.MC, did you close the topic "Linux Unix is the future".
What is your problem with Linux?
RME doesnt support Linux,it is their choice and they have all the right to.
But its them who created a subforum Linux, which makes people think that Linux is officially supported.
I realize that a lot of people think that RME developed the linux-drivers, which is not true. RME never spent one dollar or deutschmark to develop drivers for linux. But Linux users did buy and still buy RME-Interfaces.
I think you should be a little bit more respectuous towards your clients.
But that's only my two cents.

The problem is that general discussions about whether or not Linux is a suitable choice for professional audio may be conducted elsewhere, but not on this forum, please. Gearslutz is one such resource, I am sure there are others. By the way, even Gearslutz bans general Mac vs. PC discussions, if I'm not mistaken.

This forum is for technical matters, and the same applies to the Linux subforum.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME