Topic: TotalmixFX as Live Mixer with MIDI controlled Aux Send to Software

Hello!

I am currently transferring my life-set: The analogue Mackie Mixer goes and the Fireface UCX takes the place. Some Synths and Ableton Live on a Laptop. With TotalmixFX I can make a more versatile mix than before. There are some free encoders on the BCR2000 so adjusting the volume of every channel (3 Stereo 1 Mono) isn't a big problem. But one function I miss for now:
The analog mixer had an Aux Send back to Ableton Live for some very special delay effects. Emulating this in Totalmix FX gives me some headaches. I could use some output-channel - eg ADAT 7/8 -and activate Loopback to put the mix into Ableton. But via MIDI Remote you can only edit one submix at a time from my understanding. Is there any possibility to accomplish this?

With best regards
El Duderino

Re: TotalmixFX as Live Mixer with MIDI controlled Aux Send to Software

Hi!

For now you could send submix change commands alongside fader movement to change to needed (aux send) submix, but soon we won't have to.  cool
At least I hope it's soon.. as Matthias mentions here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic … 653#p84653
the next TMFX will have support for up to 4 MIDI-, and 4 OSC controllers. So you can control 4 different submixes simultaneously with different midi controllers. And of course you can use only one controller by routing different midi channels to different TMFX controller inputs using a software midi router, like midipipe or midi patchbay..

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Re: TotalmixFX as Live Mixer with MIDI controlled Aux Send to Software

Ah, thanks! I kind of overread that part in the manual. Isn't the most elegant way but at least the most flexibel. Sometimes I think a MIDI AutoLearn Mapping feature like most DAWs or VSTi have it would be a nice thing - so you can also adjust the LowCut for example via a controller... on the other hand: how many people would use it at the end?