Topic: FF800 & FF Mixer MIDI Issues (MIDI Port doesn't show up in software)

I am running on Mac OSC 10.8.3 new Retina Display Macbook Pro 2.7GHz i7 (16 GB of RAM)

Ableton Live 9.3

Fireface 800
Driver Version 3.14
Firmware 2.77

I have my FF800 connected to the laptop via Thunderbolt to FF800 adapter
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD464 … re-adaptor

When I connect my midi keyboard to the Fireface 800 the MIDI LED on the FF800 lights up and responds whenever I hit the keys on my MIDI Keyboard.

However, the FF800 MIDI ports do not show up as I/O options in Live 9. They are basically non-existent and Live does not receive any midi signals from the FF MIDI Ports.

Additionally, I checked this out in MIDI Monitor freeware and noticed that the FF800 MIDI ports do not show up or receive any MIDI signal from my connected MIDI keyboard.

Additionally MIDI Control in Totalmix does not seem to work.

And an unusual thing that happens; when I have the midi keyboard connected to the FF800 midi ports when I start hitting keys certain keys will enable and disable Phantom Power on the FF800.

I would like to get the MIDI Ports on this Fireface 800 working

Also, I would like to be able to control Totalmix with my Korg Nanokontrol (connected to my computer via USB).

Re: FF800 & FF Mixer MIDI Issues (MIDI Port doesn't show up in software)

You should check whether the MIDI ports are visible and active in the Audio MIDI setup.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

FF800 MIDI Ports do not appear in the Audio MIDI Set Up, nor are they active in Audio MIDI Set-Up.

Should I try deleting the MIDI Driver from the Plug Ins folder and then re-installing the driver?

Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

In Audio Midi setup, open MIDI Studio and hit if FF ports don't appear hit the Refresh button around the top right, should be fine.

Reading dates helps...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME