Topic: "WIndows 7" RME SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION !

Hello.
I have a problem. When turning on the card FireFace UFX, Win 7 x64 goes to the blue screen Writes here it is:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050313-17768-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fireface_usb_64.sys (fireface_usb_64+0xFB50)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8800697DB50, 0xFFFFF8800C87DBA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fireface_usb_64.sys
product: Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver
company: RME
description: Fireface USB Audio Driver (WDM)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: fireface_usb_64.sys (Fireface USB Audio Driver (WDM), RME).
Google query: RME SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

or this:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fireface_usb_64.sys (fireface_usb_64+0xFB50)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8800697DB50, 0xFFFFF8800C87DBA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fireface_usb_64.sys
product: Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver
company: RME
description: Fireface USB Audio Driver (WDM)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: fireface_usb_64.sys (Fireface USB Audio Driver (WDM), RME).
Google query: RME SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I reinstalled the driver UFX, but this did not help. The virus system check, nothing showed. What to do? I use a USB connection. Version of my driver 1.0.30.0 I use "WIn 7 x64".

Re: "WIndows 7" RME SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION !

Did you try ASIO?

-----------------------

Various ADK computers :-)

Does it work when the UFX is switched on and connected before the computer starts?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

alexoosthoek

Did you try ASIO?

How?

MC

Does it work when the UFX is switched on and connected before the computer starts?

No. In this case, there is another error. But the computer can run for a while.

I wonder if this is another case of incompatible USB 3 ports. Where is the UFX connected exactly?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by Electra-1006 2013-05-04 11:27:24)

MC

I wonder if this is another case of incompatible USB 3 ports. Where is the UFX connected exactly?

My UFX worked fine. At some point failures just started. May i need to completely remove the driver? How to completely remove it? UFX is connected to the interface USB 2.0.

That info belongs into your first post.

Try a different USP port and a different USB cable, and - if possible - FireWire instead. I don't see why the driver should suddently do that, IMHO that is a hardware error.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I followed your recommendations.
I used a different USB cable and another USB port.
The problem has not disappeared.
Then I used the FW connection.
I have not been able to verify the work for a long time, but within 15 minutes, the system was stable.
Also before this point, my computer shutdown was turned off and the screen shutdown Windows was not disappear.
Now Windows shuts down correctly.

Hello, MC.  I reinstalled my Windows 7 x64". Again plugged my UFX to the USB interface. Everything is working fine. The error no longer appear. But, when I turn off the computer that is connected to the UFX, Windows can't turn off. Finish screen does not disappear. What can I do?

Such an effect has been fixed a long time ago. You are sure to use the latest UFX drivers and firmware?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME