Topic: mute input per submix without using mute groups

Is there a way to mute a submix input (not globally) without using a mute group?

It would be nice if TMFX would default to this.

Re: mute input per submix without using mute groups

After playing with TMFX's mute/solo, I would personally find the following implementation more useful and intuitive.

Mute would work like solo, i.e., affecting only the selected submix, not the hardware inputs. Also, global mute and solo buttons would be per submix, affect only the currently selected submix.

Re: mute input per submix without using mute groups

+1 from here!

I'm actually hoping to see the mute/alt-output button behaviour from smaller mackie mixers added to TMFX some day. So instead of simply muting the input, it could be routed to another submix (hopefully even to several) instead. Though I don't know if this is even possible. Anyway, I think you're right and it would be better if we didn't lose the muted input altogether. Maybe we should be able to select the mute behaviour (global/submix). I've been asking for the possibility of getting opposite ganging to mute groups, and more of the groups too. But having mute groups for all inputs would require lots of them, so this is not even practical. Submix independent mute with the upcoming support for multiple controllers (and some midi coding with bome) might do the trick. smile

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic