Topic: fireface ufx

I, m using cubase 7 with windows 7- 8gig ram..why can, t I choose a sample rate..its done automatically. When I mixdown the highest I can get is , i believe 2, 058..also, if I set cubase to record at 96 or 192 it sets the fireface and its greyed out..I, m not able to change it..so cubase seems to be controlling the interface..is this normal..I shoud be able to get a much higher sample rate at mixdown then  2058...thanks

Re: fireface ufx

I think you are confusing sample rate and buffer size / latency... There is no sample rate of 2058 or anything near it. And yes, Cubase does set the sample rate.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you for your quick responce...okay cubase sets the sample rate, but why when I, m mixingdown am I only able to get a buffer size of 2048 when I, m running 8 gig ram or is this normal..I thought that the buffer size was equal to the amount of ram I, m using..the more the better during mixdown..I, m new at this...winows 7..intel core i7..P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard..RME UFX
             Thanks

No, the buffer size is not equal to the amount of RAM (2048 means samples, not Gigabytes...), and no, it doesn't get "better" with higher buffer size in mixdown...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME