1 (edited by 0x80 2013-05-14 09:46:08)

Topic: (Mountain) Lion sticky / double FF400 device drivers

I think this started in mountain lion, but it could be lion also I'm not sure.

When I connect/disconnect my FF400, it occasionally happens that my computer thinks it is still connected and shows the driver and the mixer and all. This results in applications hanging that want to stream output to this driver.

When I connect the FF400 again it usually shows up as a 2nd device. So then I have 2 drivers showing FF400 output. I can use the second, but the first one is still there blocking if I use it. Some applications don't let you choose between 2 of the same output drivers so they pick the first one and don't work.

It requires a log out/re-login to get rid of the fantom driver.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of behavior. I've updated to the latest drivers and firmware.

Re: (Mountain) Lion sticky / double FF400 device drivers

Do you operate any other FW device, maybe daisy chained? I had this problem once w/ the FF connected behind a fw-drive...

No, I only connect to the FF400 directly from my laptop (mbp early 2009).

What operating system are you using? (Version)

Right now 10.8.3, but like I said I've been experiencing this problem for some time now. At least since the start of mountain lion.

6 (edited by 0x80 2013-05-15 22:10:02)

Small correction: A logout  / relogin was not sufficient after all. It got rid of the fantom driver, but reconnecting the FF400 it doesn't show up anymore. Even thought the hardware doesn't signal a host problem (red light).

So a system reboot is required to fix the problem.