Topic: I have 2 Multifaces, but driver thinks one is a Digiface?

Hello,

I just installed two Multiface I interfaces for my Windows 7 64-bit PC.  One card is the HDSP (PCI) and the other is the HDSPe (PCIe).  I downloaded the latest drivers and did the installation.  The first Multiface seems to be working fine (connected to the HDSP card), but the driver seems to think the second one is a Digiface (connected to HDSPe card) -- and so the red "host" light is on and it's not working.  Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I'll greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks in advance,
Vivek

Re: I have 2 Multifaces, but driver thinks one is a Digiface?

Quick update:  I was using the long FW400 cable that came with the HDSPe card.  In case that was the culprit, I swapped it out for another FW400 cable I happen to have.  That seems to have fixed the problem.  Now the Hammerfall DSP Settings window indicates "Multiface (2)" on the second tab and shows that the I/O Box is connected. 

So it must be the cable.  The problem I have now is that this cable is quite short (3 feet) and I need a longer cable.  Can someone tell me:  what is the maximum length FW400 cable I can get that will work well with the Multiface I unit?

Thanks in advance,
Vivek

Re: I have 2 Multifaces, but driver thinks one is a Digiface?

About 4.5m.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME