Topic: FIREFACE keeps changing sample rate to 44266Hz (IMAGE INISDE)

Hi there,

I  have been noticing this for the last few weeks. I mainly use Cubase 7, sometimes Wavelab 7 and all video players, mp3 players etc in windows 7 with my Fireface 800. I don't work with anything but 44100hz. However, FF started to randomly change the sampling rate to 44266 thus changing the pitch too..I notice this whenever I try to play over somethigna and check the settings and I find that FF somehow changed the SR. Why could this happen? Have been using FF for 5 years and nothing ever like this happened before..

The image is attached showing what happens:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11962743/Capture.JPG

Re: FIREFACE keeps changing sample rate to 44266Hz (IMAGE INISDE)

I have just upgraded firmeware to 2.77 and when I reboot Fireface 800 it resetted to 44266 again!..Before update it was working at 44100 and I stored it in flash memory if that made any difference..It seems as if some software or maybe internally something is changing fireface's sample rate to 44266 ?!?!

Driver update in order?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

Regards,
Emre

This is because I have tried to do UPDATE DRIVER from device manager and it gives error while trying to update to 3073

Unfortunately I have a much bigger problem now. I thought the problem would go away if I upgrade to 3.069 but windows encountered error while I was trying to update driver (Device manager / update driver). So I tried to delete old drivers manually and now I can't even make FF800 work sad

When I try to install any driver (old or latest) I encounter the following:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11962743/ff800.JPG

is there any way to manually place files to their folders and do a manual registration of the files?

Use Windows system restore to go back to where you had the working drivers. I f that doesn't work un- and reinstall the drivers for the FireWire interface (IEEE1394) .

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias. I actually reinstalled windows 7 to make sure because this is my work computer. Now everything works of course, but I will keep on eye on the sample rate if it does change. Thanks once again.