1 (edited by austuff 2013-06-08 13:50:23)

Topic: dual 9632 stuttering then dropout every 7 minutes win7/reaper

Hi, After 7 or 8 minutes with reapers monitoring enabled one cards outputs get delayed about 500ms, then both start stuttering and audio drops out. CPU use is very low, this happens with or without plugins loaded, when recording and when not recording but only when live monitoring (asio) is enabled.

I can either restart reaper or change the sample rate  (256 to 128 etc) either up or down in the rme control settings app and all is fine for another 7 or 8 minutes. The RME drivers totalmix playback is unaffected it still sounds fine.

This problem only occurs when using 2 cards at once (have 2 cards enabled in Windows 7 device manager), problem does not occur if I disable one of the installed cards in device manager.

I have posted similar thread on reaper forums

Should I be doing something special to sync the cards to avoid this or any other ideas how I may resolve?

Win 7 pro
2 x HDSP 9632 pci cards
Quad core  2.66 processor
Hp xw4600 desktop
Intel® X38 Express mb
8gb ecc ram
7200rpm drives
Reaper (latest) tried 64 and 32 bit portable and fixed installs

2 (edited by austuff 2013-06-10 01:19:38)

Re: dual 9632 stuttering then dropout every 7 minutes win7/reaper

Hi, update to this problem in the hope it may assist, drops out occur proportionally ealier or later depending on the Buffer size

Buffer size of 256 = 7 minutes
Buffer size of 128 = 3.5 minutes
Buffer size of 64 = 1.5 minutes
Buffer size of 32 = 45 seconds

Tested this with an old copy of samplitude we used to use and had same result.

Hi, maybe I should get a "AEBs/WCM to PCI Card Cable (VKWC)" to join the 2 cards together? Is there a chance that word clock sync may fix this does anyone know?

Manual chapter 15. You could use SPDIF from one card to the other in case it is not used.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by austuff 2013-06-10 09:58:49)

EDIT: I see in chapter 15 that the answer is probably yes they need to be synced and I should have read this chapter. i did search manual for "multiple" and "dual" but should have looked in there properly before asking, apologies

Cheers