1 (edited by esaruoho 2013-06-09 08:48:02)

Topic: Multiface, PCMCIA, Windows XP, keeps being red at all times

hi, i bought a Multiface (version1) and Hammerfall DSP PCMCIA-card.
now i've been thinking of using it with my Windows XP.

But when I give it juice from the external power supply, it just lights up as Red. then when i slam the pc on with the pcmcia card inside it, and connect the firewire cable from the pcmcia card to the multiface, it keeps flashing red real quick.
if i turn the multiface off, and on, the DSP Settings application shows "Connected" for a while, then changes to Error.

What should I do now, please?

Edit: additional information: I am sometimes able to yank the power cable away from the Multiface and put it back in, while XP is on, and the red led stops being constantly on, but instead starts flashing regularly.. the DSP Settings "Connected" stays on, I can boot up Logic and it initializes the sound card, and if I play a sound, I can see it in the middle portion of the HDSP Mixer, but I cannot patch it to any output (headphones, etc), nothing shows in the mixer out.
Also, if I put some audio into the input of the Multiface box, this also does not show in the HDSP Mixer as audio levels.

Should I simply purchase a new CardBus->Multiface cable, could that be it?

RME Fireface UCX (macOS Mojave, Mid-2015 MBP)<-in use
RME Multiface (XP, PCG-GRX690) <-in a closet

2 (edited by esaruoho 2013-06-21 10:15:39)

Re: Multiface, PCMCIA, Windows XP, keeps being red at all times

Hi.. I purchased a Cardbus->Multiface cable and it didn't help. I then went to a friend to check out if the Multiface would work on his PCI card - it did. I then tried his Multiface box on my laptop which I'd brought with me, and it didn't work.

Then we switched the power-adapters. And it worked. So I bought a new power-adapter and now the Multiface works on my machine.

Edit: basically, the Multiface *might* light up! it might even be detected! It might even report some audio movement in the middle of the mixer. But if the power-adapter is somehow broken, the inputs and outputs WILL NOT work. Thankfully I was able to score a power-adapter.

RME Fireface UCX (macOS Mojave, Mid-2015 MBP)<-in use
RME Multiface (XP, PCG-GRX690) <-in a closet