Topic: Going from digital to analog

hi, I'm using the digital in on my Babyface and want to switch to using the two jack ins on it from time to time to be able to record synths and things in stereo but I can't figure exactly how I go from one mode to the other. If anyone can help it would be great

Re: Going from digital to analog

On a synth you have line outs L&R usually or just mono L output (say the outputs that would go into an amp) and you simply plug those into the XLR analog inputs on the breakout cable and done.
Volume of the synth out gives you recording level and that can be seen in the DAW software or TotalMixFX program.

thanks, but I think you misunderstand my question. When I plug a jack into the breakout cable now nothing happens cause it's set to SPdif in or digital in, so my question is how do I go from that to using the analog ins on the babyface?

I know it's a newbie question but I'm hoping someone will bear with me smile

Both work at the same time, and simultaneous. You don't switch them. If at all you reconfigure the inputs in your recording software to use one or the other.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks, you're right. I don't know why it didn't work when I tried it yesterday then, must have been a broken cable or something