1 (edited by dany 2013-06-17 10:21:15)

Topic: Monitoring

Hello

i'm looking for the monitor auxes  knob  on each Input

I woul like to know how to control the volume of the auxes monitors, (not the main output )  of each input signal in Totalmix FX ?

I would like to be able to adjust separately the volume in the headphone of each input 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. to output N°3 headphone   ( output 1&2 are my régular main output )

Thank you

Re: Monitoring

Not sure I follow the question, but possibly this will help: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5039

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by dany 2013-06-17 11:19:59)

Hello Daniel,
thank you for the answer, but  that is not what i'm looking for

I 'm looking for Aux1 for monitoring

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/949016auxiliarychannels02.gif

4 (edited by neirbod 2013-06-17 12:57:22)

Total Mix is not set up like a typical analog board, which is what you drew above.  It helps to think of it differently.  On an analog board you have a primary signal path to the Mains (the green lines in your drawing) with some number off aux sends splitting of at some point.  It helps to think of TM as a series of an aux send with no "primary" signal path.  So, each output is mixed in the exact same way and completely separate from each other.  The only exception is the internal effects sends, but let's ignore that for now.

In your specific case - first make sure your routing is set to "submix".  This should be the default but check to make sure (upper right part of the TM window).  Now, click on the third row on the "phones 3" output (this assumes you have assigned it correctly already).   You will see this output highlighted so you know it is selected.  From here, every fader movement in rows 1 and 2 (inputs and playbacks) will affect only the Phones 3 mix.  Once this mix is correct, click on the third row "Mains" output and you will see the faders on rows 1 and 2 jump to reflect this particular mix. 

All of this is covered in the manual, and the links Daniel sent provide a good introduction.

5 (edited by dany 2013-06-17 15:12:06)

Hello Neirbod,
Thank you for the answer.
I just tried, and it's good, that's it. That's what i was looking for !!!

thank you :-)