Topic: Totalmix general routing/usage

Hi

Installed a RME UCX on my pc last night , I'm having issues with the routing though.
All I plan to use is one set of speakers and headphones on occasion.

Last night I couldn't get any sound out of the outputs 1&2 that I had my speakers hooked up to, only the headphones.

Eventually I was able to using the Matrix and checking the PH7/8 software playback Out 1&2

In the mixer view I assigned the main out to AN1/2 and phones 1 to PH7/8

When audio is playing on my pc the only meters that are moving are software playback PH7/8 (bottom is AN1/2) and the control room Main Out

What meters should be moving just for general usage? (playing mp3's etc)

Re: Totalmix general routing/usage

Hope these pictures make it clearer.
With the mixer I'm playing an mp3 but the headphones on the 'software playback' tab is controlling the volume on my monitors
something doesn't seem right.

http://s15.postimg.org/6g1e6k7x7/totalmix.jpg
http://s7.postimg.org/5ctmwcp17/matrix.jpg

Hi there,

Eventually I was able to using the Matrix and checking the PH7/8 software playback Out 1&2

Because you assigned the default output in the OS or the audio app to use Out 7/8.

What meters should be moving just for general usage? (playing mp3's etc)

Well, your question does not really make sense. It all depends on what channels you set in the audio apps and OS, and how you configure your analog and digital connections to the UCX.

Everything here looks perfectly normal for the way you have configured these connections, and the way you have configured TotalMix.

The important thing is that the playback (middle row) signal is routed to the desired outputs (bottom row), and you seem to have accomplished this.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

4 (edited by mixmaster 2013-07-13 00:19:43)

Hi Jeff

Yes it seemed to default to the Out 7/8...how can I change this to AN 1/2?
If I go to the little speaker icon on windows it is set to 'headphones' analog 7&8
I can't seem to find AN 1&2 but it has every other output and one called 'speakers' (I'm assuming this is AN 1&2?)

So how can i change this?

*solved!* just had to go to control panel and set 'speakers' to default