Topic: Adjusting hard panned headphone tracking

I'm attempting some first efforts at tracking with my newly purchased UFX interface.  The source is a DI bass - a mono signal going into a center panned mono input (as viewable in the 'hardware input' panel of the Totalmix GUI). The problem is - the signal is not being center panned into my headphones - it's a hard left pan. But while the signal is panned hard left in my headphones (both audibly and via LED indication), it's coming out as a center pan in my monitors.

Hmmm... I can't seem to remedy this with the GUI options i've tried, but I am completely new to this interface so it's highly likely i've overlooked something. 

Any suggestions?

Re: Adjusting hard panned headphone tracking

Assuming you have checked obvious hardware issues (e.g., bad cable, bad phones) you likely have total mix routings incorrect.  The bass may be centered in some outputs (e.g. your monitors), but panned on others.  Be sure to first click on the output (third row) for the headphones you are using.  The Input and Playback faders and pan knobs will now reflect the settings for that specific output.  I bet you will see the bass input channel is panned.  If not, send a screen shot and it will help diagnose the issue.

There are some videos that provide an overview of Total Mix that explain this quite well.

Re: Adjusting hard panned headphone tracking

Hmmm... i'm not sure what's happened.  It's now 'the next day' and i've powered up my system for another try, not touched a single thing otherwise - all is now working fine.  Perhaps my system just needed a hard reset.

I'll go straight to youtube and watch any Totalmix videos I can.  I still have a few teething questions but a 101 style video will most likely answer them.