1 (edited by Celtine 2013-07-17 22:07:21)

Topic: Totalmix automation in DAW ?

Hello

Has anyone managed automation between Totalmix and DAW (Sonar, Cubase) via MIDI ?
I did'nt find the solution some time ago, and it's really a function that's missing in Totalmix (in my opinion).
3 weeks ago I sold my RME FFUC for a good price, reinstall 01V96 and RME HDSP 9652 in my studio ... and it's less easy to use and sound is not as good as FFUC.
Today I bought one FFUCX, and I will pray to have soon an MIDI automation for DAW in Totalmix!
If someone has the solution, thank you thousand times!

Regards
Philippe Helard
Studio Canne et Bambou
----------------------------

My last message for explanations :
I bought a Fireface UC because I need to replace my Yamaha 01V96 in my project studio.
Totalmix works fine, with BCF2000, but not MIDI control with a DAW (tested with Sonar, Cubase and Nuendo).
With my 01V96 I can record midi events in a Sonar MIDI track when I make changes with faders. And these changes will be read when Sonar plays the project, 01V96 faders will be moved.
It’s also possible to recall 01V96 scenes memory in Sonar. It’s impossible to recall Totalmix snapshots.
Total mix doesn’t send or receive MIDI messages in Sonar when I move virtual faders, even with correct (I think) configuration.
Could you implement this function in Totalmix ?
I am forced to put my Fireface UC on a shelf and replug my 01V96, until the DAW control will be possible in Totalmix.
Thanks in advance. :-)
Regards.