Topic: Totalmix is not controllable by a DAW.

Hello.

RME is quite blurry on the Totalmix MIDI possibilities.  The easiest way to automate the mix into a sequencer is to assign the MIDI ports in and out on the control surface on one side and the DAW on the other.  In a DAW MIDI track, it is then possible to save and read the movements of the various buttons and faders of the control surface. Which allows applying simply and precisely the variation effects, volume, Pan, etc. in the musical work without having to program the DAW. A Yamaha 01V96 perfectly does the job. 
However, by assigning the input/output MIDI of the Fireface in the DAW, and arming the recording, Totalmix not sending MIDI messages: MIDI track remains empty, and the incoming MIDI message meter remains empty.

I have a Fireface UFX. I tried all sorts of configurations, with or without MIDI cables: MIDI messages are unable to pass between Totalmix and the DAW. 
Conclusion: Totalmix is not controllable by a sequencer (DAW). 
That really would be an excellent thing that RME program Totalmix or the Fireface firmware to make this possible. I think that this is not big thing to change.

Regards
Philippe HELARD

Re: Totalmix is not controllable by a DAW.

The ufx is controllable by a daw, but it only receives midi (not send AFAIK).

Hi !
OK, It should "simply" implement sending the midi messages in Totalmix.
Question to the team of developers: is it possible?

I just got the Advanced Remote Control. I try it : assignable functions are too limited for my taste, I can't use it in my production process.

Regards
Philippe Helard

It would be nice to implement Totalmix as an VST/AU plugin!