Topic: Resetting TotalMix FX to a custom preset on startup

Hi,

I am thinking about using a Fireface UCX (or UC) in an environment shared by several people.
Therefore I would like to have a single custom made preset that is loaded each time on system startup (Windows system).

This way I want to achieve that anybody may change the TotalMix FX settings, if he wants to. But if you mess things up, forget to reset your individual settings or whatever, anybody booting the system can be sure to have the default settings again.

Is there an easy way to achieve this?

Thanks,
viper

Re: Resetting TotalMix FX to a custom preset on startup

Yes, as explained in the thread right under this one. C.\User\Username\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX

After a reboot you will find the current state as file lastFirefaceUCX1.xml. Change the attribute of that file to read only. Done.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, and sorry: I even found that post in a quick search but didn't read far enough.
RME rocks!!

hi,

is this possible under OSX ?
thanxs

Sure. Same procedure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

perfect !

(osx tips : reveal the hidden files, with onyx for instance : and then => user/my name/library/preferences/rme totalmix fx/last.fireface...)

7 (edited by all 2013-09-01 01:29:36)

bravo rme ! definitely a great way not to use a previous state with some test eq etc. but (btw) as the digicheck engine, would be great to see the name of the preset in use... anyway thanxs !

all wrote:

bravo rme ! definitely a great way not to use a previous state with some test eq etc. but (btw) as the digicheck engine, would be great to see the name of the preset in use... anyway thanxs !

I was just looking for the exact same feature! Would make things a lot easier if you were able to see the currant preset name in the window frame (maybe alternative/optional to the Card Name).

Thanks!