Topic: old xp totalmix

hi,

ok it's a bit weird :using ufx on macpro is soooooo cool, but sometimes i want to use my old dell laptop : i was using 989 driver. perfect. then i installed 994, and it began not to work, or so badly that i want my 989 back, but when i try to open old 989, it still opens 994, why ? how to re install properly 989 ?, i don't find this 994 to erase it ? where is the 898 installer on rme's site ?

thanx

Re: old xp totalmix

Preferences - Uncheck Use D2D - and it will work....

Or tell us what does not work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: old xp totalmix

Just for info, I had also an old Dell Laptop Xp pro that didn't work with the latest drivers.
The new installation files worked perfectly and installation reported an "happy endding".
But when the UFX was switched on, the laptop was "frozen" : no mouse, no keyboard ...
When I switched off the UFX, the mouse and keyboard where active and Windows was working as usual.
Before to send my problem to Matthias (that already saved my life on another PC under Windows 7), I did a connection with microsoft update and let it run a whole night making updates.
Now, it works perfectly if I wait untill windows is fully loaded prior to switch my UFX on.
I use this old PC for gigs and I do not have antiviruses on it, that is why it was not "up to date".
I might have a conflict with usb ports but the updated solved the problem.
Hope that helps,
Philippe