Topic: Fireface 400 Input Selector knob does not work any more

I have a Fireface 400, which works well.  I usually keep the input selector on "PH" (Phones), and use this knob to adjust the headphone output level.  Today I went to select another channel, and discovered that it will not select any other channel any more, it was stuck on the "PH" channel (displaying the volume level). I upgraded the firmware from 1.63 to the latest version, 1.65, and that did not help.  I downgraded the firmware back to 1.52, and that did not fix it either, so I upgraded the firmware back to 1.65.  This time, the input selector knob was stuck on the channel select function (displaying the channel number), and pressing it will not let me select that channel.  I'm stuck, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks, Chris

Re: Fireface 400 Input Selector knob does not work any more

Seems the encoder itself is broken. But I have seen a similar error when the knob had been pressed too hard. Try carefully to pull the knob a little bit back from the front plate, maybe it is just placed a bit too close to the front plate (not easy to say this in english, sorry).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The selector knob can still be pressed in, but it does not work.  I'll have to contact Synthax for repair.
Thanks for the help,

Chris

Same problem here. I can't change between channel and level mode. I only can change the level of the Phones channel. To pull back the knob didn't solved the problem. I have also tried to flash the FF400 again but with no success. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Dorian

ok, i have fixed it. the solution is: pull as much as you can. after that it worked and i could push it back to the normal position.