Topic: Software Playback Problem

I don't see any signal in software playback section. I click on "Inst" button in "hardware inputs" section to record direct my guitar and it works fine I see a green signal in my fader on mono track 9 and I see it working through "hardware outputs" "main" channel, and I hear my guitar's sound through the monitors so no problem there, but I don't see anything in Software Playback section. I tried to assign Software Playback's channel to a Hardware Outputs channel or Hardware Input's channel to Software Playback's and still nothing. I updated all the drivers and software to the latest from RME site, but it just doesn't work.I sent a video to Jeff and that's what he sent me: "Hello,

In order to get the guitar input in Pro Tools, you need to arm a track and select input 9, 10, 11, or 12, whichever input you use for guitar.

Once the signal is coming into the track, you should then see the signal showing up in the middle row "software playback".

I tried to arm a track on an interface and it still doesn't work.

Anybody encountered a similar problem?

thanks guys

Re: Software Playback Problem

Software playback channels only show what is coming from your software. Nothing can be routed to software playback channels in Totalmix. If there is no playback (or monitoring) from your software, there will be no activity in the software playback channels. You will need to find out what is happening in your audio software... This is not so much a "problem", but a question of correct configuration...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Software Playback Problem

Hi Daniel!!! Thank you very much for your immediate respond and such a valuable and detailed information. I found a problem it was in my Pro Tools I/O section with a click of two buttons everything started to work it sounds amazing. Thanks again and God Bless!!!