1 (edited by terrafractyl 2013-12-09 01:50:45)

Topic: Multiface II just stopped working

Hi there,

I have been using my Multiface II for many years with absolutely no problems, but recently It just suddenly stopped functioning.

I left it powered on for a few hours whilst away from the computer, and when I came back a horrible distorted noise was coming from the speakers.

After restarting, this nasty sound continued to be the only thing to come out of any of the analog Outputs.

The light on the Power adapter I was using to provide 12v to the I/O box was doing some strange things, so I figured this power adapter might be at fault. (It was not the original, but it was providing the correct voltage and Amps)

Today I replaced this with another 12v 1.25A power adapter, and now all that comes out of all of the Outputs is a low hum.

When playing music, I can hear 'something' if I turn the volume on the mixer right up, but it is very distorted, and barely recognizable as music.

My comp tells me it is connected to the I/O box, so I think the cable is working OK. Midi all seems to works fine.

Also I've just noticed a bit of a mild burning electronics smell from the I/O box itself, which made my heart sink.

Any idea what should I do next?

Re: Multiface II just stopped working

Send the box in. Most probably the internal power supply circuit failed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME